Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

On Sunday I got to wade in the Columbia river with four exceptional young women.  They all wanted to be baptized together in a big way, so we did it! The most Spirit-filled moments for me were actually when we met before baptism day (over Italian sodas) to talk about baptism and God's promises to us.  These young women could articulate the presence of God and the dying and rising of baptism better than I've ever heard.

  And the best part of the actual baptism was seeing so many of the church family came down to the river after our morning worship to support and stand by them.  A powerful, inspiring (and cold!) morning for all!

This is also probably the oddest clerical outfit I could have put together, but it worked! 


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful special moment to be part of. And yes I love the clerical outfit - you totally pulled off :)

    ReplyDelete