Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

its the final countdown!

Updated countdown:
                                  3 days left in Minnesota for the Princess and the Pastor
                                 .5 days left of daycare for the Princess
                                  1 more big surge of moving and hauling for the Pastor
                                  too many goodbyes left to count

Our countdown isn't so much about numbers anymore. Our time left in MN is difficult to measure, I can't say exactly how many boxes need packing or how many goodbyes need saying...its an odd, fluid existence at the moment. While the Princess has just a few more days of routine and “normal” left, the I kissed routine goodbye two weeks ago! Now, I spend my days alternating between packing/taking care of paper work/hauling boxes and having coffee dates/pedicures/dinner parties – as someone who really doesn't like being out of routine, I think I could get used to this new rhythm. Of course, that's really just the daily rhythm. My own inner drum is beating in some seriously crazy patterns! I flux between feeling overwhelmed and then calm...exhausted and then exhilarated...terrified and then secure.

Today I had to revamp a lot of things, alter expectations and most recently the changes were made to our road-trip plan. Montana weather just wasn't cooperating so I grumped for awhile and then changed our campsite reservations to hotel reservations. When the Princess heard that we would be staying in places with hot-tubs rather than campfires she said, “This is going to be awesome!”  

Even with all trepidation I'm feeling...I think she may be right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment