Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

from the heart of the Princess!


Our summer has been wonderfully crazy. Micaela went to Minnesota for two and a half weeks while I stayed behind to work in the village. She had so many days just filled with lazy mornings, swimming in lakes and creeks, fishing, playing, watching TV (such a treat!) and eating ice cream with Papa. Most of these activities would be impossible in the village, so we are both really thankful that she got this time with family and some serious summer vacation. I did join her in the midwest and we set off on more travels to see loved ones and then host a few “Holden on the Road” events in Ohio and Minnesota. We have one more event in Oregon (one of my favorite states!) next week and and then our travels will be done...for now!

Every morning in the village a community member offers matins, a short morning reflection that could be just about anything. Micaela has written a matins to share with the village a bit of her summer and also let this community know just why she loves it so much! These words are straight from her big, joyfilled heart...

My name is Micaela and I am the village mayor and PK (pastor's kid). I don't know where to start, well...maybe I do!

This summer I went to my Grandpa's house and watched some TV. And then we drove 3 and a half hours to our yearly cabin, which is a different cabin every year with a lake close to it. This year there was a mini-playground! On the second day I was there, I looked at a caterpillar and it was making a crystalist, which is a cocoon. My cousin, Isaiah, age 6, arrived a few days later and the cocoon was already gone. That's all for that.

I swam at least three times a day, I was probably more wet than dry the whole time I was at the cabin! There was a dock that went pretty far out into the lake and curved to the side, there was also a raft a little ways out and I swam to it. We named two fish in the lake: fred the fish was a 12 inch bass and Fred's uncle who was a 20 inch bass.

One night before dinner, on the little raft, my Uncle Matthew and Aunt Anna and my cousin Ally and I were pretending wrestle each other on the dock. Uncle Matthew swung me off the dock but I did not drown. I was wearing a life jacket. That's all I have to say for the cabin.

Then I went to stay with my Uncle Daniel, Aunt Katie and cousins Isaiah and Lily. We played and played at their house and for the three days I was there I had a lot of fun. We always watched cartoons in the morning and then would play all day.

Then I went to my Grandparent's house. They have a poodle named Hannah and my cousin, Nevie and my Aunt Annie and Aunt Nevie were there. Nevie is a cute baby, she liked to look and me and play with me so what that means is, I am a human play toy! When I go to my Grandparent's house I sleep in a special room called “The princess room” and another cousin slept over and played with me every day I was there!

My last stop was Oakley, Olivia and Hayley's, they used to live here in the village. We swam in their lake and their crick, it had a lot of fish and not a lot of seaweed. The current in the crick was hard, but I could still swim there. I could touch all the way up.

Then my mom came to Minnesota and we went to a Holden on the Road event and then it was time to come back to the village!

These are five favorite things about the village, one for every week I was gone!

5) Running around in the village and saying HI to everyone!
4) Only walking and no cars with gasoline!
3) Copper and Buckskin Mountains
2) Climbing trees
1) The community! Including James showing his hikies and saying, “Theeeeese”.

And just one last thing to say, I recommend never leaving the village for 5 weeks because you will get homesick for the people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment