Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

1/4 the way there!


I'm 3 months into internship. The learning curve feels forever steep, yet fantastic.
Here is my top ten of “What I've Learned on Internship (so far)”

10. Its hard for me to be homesick. Its heartbreaking to see the Princess be homesick. (and she's still begging for a dog...grrrr)

9. I play piano about twice a week for a grand total of one hour. Its starting to get to me. Pastor/Musician or Musician/Pastor...still unclear how these things go together.

8. I love teaching children (confirmation is crazy fun!). It is harder for me to get amped up to teach adults, but I'm trying!

7. Ukelele! A church member found me a Ukelele, music and stand. Its a fun, easy instrument and I get to play with a circle of 20 hippies twice a month. Fun!

6. Pastoral care is a humbling, sacred and exhausting part of the job. weep with those who weep...” (Romans 12:15) is becoming a very regular occurrence.

5. I love Oregon mornings...crisp, cool, foggy AND I am nocturnal. I love to stay up late, yet the alarm for Kindergarten goes off painfully early.

4. Preaching every week is a beautiful discipline. It isn't always pretty, but I have loved delving deeply into the Word every...single...week.

3. It is hard to take a day off. Really, really hard. There is always something to write, so people to visit. I took a day off to do some much needed shopping and had to get up early and stay up late just to “take the day off”! Who can say Pastor burn out?!?

2. Humor is a beautiful way to get through tense meetings, moves us faster to conflict resolution and generally makes this job really fun.

1. God is good, very very good. And with this job, I get daily or hourly reminders of this goodness.
just a little random sass.

No comments:

Post a Comment