Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

BOO!

                                                                                

I can be a little skittish.
I do not watch horror movies (or even the commercials for horror movies) and I am pretty protective of what my little eyes see or my ears hears, simply because I do not think my imaginations needs any further material with which to freak me out! Perhaps it is because I am skittish, or perhaps its for some unknown reason...but I have never referred to the third person of the Trinity as the Holy Ghost, she has always been the Holy Spirit to me.

"The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.’  (John 3:8)

The Holy Spirit is a gift given by Jesus to people of faith. The Spirit moves where she will and invokes faith, empowers children of God to live according to God's will and desires and inspires us to see the world as God does and to love others as God does. As people of faith, we do not do this on our own, and (let's be honest) we do not often do these things well.

Lately, I've been sensing ghosts all around me. I went to the office today to find my garbage emptied, recycling gone and the pastor's bathroom cleaned! Then, I came home for lunch and found my lawn had been watered and mowed. We recently were in Seattle for a couple of days and when while we were gone our house had been sprayed for ants and someone stole some of the Princess' bedding in order to make her matching curtains. And cherries just keep showing up on our kitchen counter whenever we're not looking!

Based on these recent happenings I have come up with two hypothesizes

     1.  There really is a friendly ghost here in the Dalles, it is sneaky, yet very thoughtful!
     2.  The Holy Ghost (or Spirit) is at work among the people of God in this community! 
         These men and women of faith are being moved by the Spirit, inspired by the movement of the Trinity and are responding in faith. No, it is not all windstorms and burning bushes, the work of the Spirit is so often simple, 
                                                                           hidden 
                                                                                 humble.

I think it is time for me to prayerfully consider how the Holy Ghost is haunting me....um, I mean, inspiring me to move and show God's love in simple, hidden and humble ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment